A charitable bequest is an easy and significant way to plan a legacy gift to benefit Saint Andrew's Abbey a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. A bequest allows you to:
• Provide an unrestricted gift to support the work of Saint Andrew’s Abbey; support your favorite apostolate, the monastery, guest house, youth retreat center or book & gift store; or establish a scholarship or perpetual endowed fund.
• Memorialize your values and dedication to our work at Saint Andrew’s Abbey.
• Make a larger gift than might have been possible during your lifetime.
• Retain control and use of your assets during your lifetime. Bequests are revocable and may be altered as your circumstances change.
• Enjoy an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction and reduce your taxable estate.
HOW TO CREATE A BEQUEST
1. Contact Br. Paul for specific sample bequest language or use this example: “ I hereby give and bequeath________ (a specific gift or a percentage of the residue of my estate) to Saint Andrew’s Abbey, Inc., a recognized public charity whose legal address is 31001 N. Valyermo Rd, Valyermo, CA 93563 Federal Tax ID 95-1904411, for such purposes as the Abbey shall determine are in the best interest of Abbey. ”
2. Consult with your estate attorney to incorporate a bequest statement in your will or trust.
3. Consider a beneficiary designation of a life insurance policy, commercial annuity, or retirement plan using a simple change in the beneficiary designation form.
4. Consider designating payment upon your passing of a stock or mutual fund account using the appropriate form from your bank or broker.
Your bequest gift may be for all or part of your estate account or stated as a percentage. We can provide you or your counsel specific language to assure proper legal wording. For all named, scholarship and endowed funds, a separate agreement with Saint Andrew’s Abbey is created to describe the ultimate use of your gift. Please contact us for a sample agreement.
To learn more about this rewarding way to support Saint Andrew’s Abbey, please contact: Br. Paul Ortega, O.S.B., 661 944-2580, email@example.com.
LEAVE A LEGACY WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR WILL
An increasing number of benefactors are providing for Saint Andrew’s Abbey's future, without changing their will or living trust. They simply name Saint Andrew's Abbey, Inc., Federal Tax ID 95-1904411, as a beneficiary of their retirement savings plan or life insurance policy. To read more about this option, please go here.
Sorry, there are no products matching your search.
choosing a selection results in a full page refresh